Monday, March 22, 2010

First Day of Spring...






What a beautiful weekend we've had here in Richmond, VA! Perfect Spring weather!! Mid-70s and sunny...trees are starting to bud! We opened up all the windows in the house. It was absolutely spectacular! We've had a pretty crazy winter...with far more snow than we've had in the 5 years we've been here...so I'm especially excited about Spring this year! I did have a little time to craft this weekend...I made my first ever easel card...it was soooooooooo much fun. I will definitely make more!! I'm still struggling w/my photo-taking abilities. Hopefully you'll be able to see how beautiful the Spring colors are. I'm also posting a cute little card w/a Sarah Kay image. I'm still learning shading...I'm getting better, though. I am so excited, I get to meet Suzanne Dean a week from tomorrow...and I expect to learn much during that 3-hour Copics lesson! Then I can check out her online classes. I'm kind of enjoying my semi-retirement!! I wonder how I ever had time to work!! Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my little treasures!

Copics used on the Magnolia card were:
E11, 00, 000, & R20 - Face
V17, 15, 12, 0000 - dress & socks
G24, 21, & 20, Y000 & 02 - wrapping paper on box (to make yellow-green)
E35, 31, & Y23 (hair)
E35, 34, & 31 (cardboard box top)

I used Stampin-Up Amethyst & Celery cardstock...and designer paper & embellishments from my stash.

Hope you enjoy...and thanks sooooo much for stopping by and for your comments! Pat