Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sugar, Sugar...

Hi sweet friends...it's that time again! Yep...time for another fun challenge at The Sugar Bowl Challenge Blog!!! This fortnight's challenge comes to us courtesy of Marlene, one of my uber-talented fellow DT Sweeties! She's come up with a sketch AND a gorgeous Inspiration Photo...here they are....

Now, here's a secret, I've never particularly enjoyed the color blue...but I have to admit, I'm really starting to love the pastel & dusty blues...especially when paired with white or ivory! Plus...I used one of the completely precious Simply Adorable images (available as a digi image - so no waiting for the postman! - at Funky Kits)...so how could I not be totally tickled with this little card?!

And here's a side view...

And here's a peek at the inside...

I colored this little darlin' when I was cruisin' recently, so I have only a brief recollection of the Copic colors I used. Here's what I remember: Skin: E21, 00, 000, 0000, & R20 for her cheeks; Blues: B26, 23, 21; Hair: E53, 51, 50, 15; Ball in her hand: R83 & 81...oh, and I used a little Creamy Caramel ink on all the edges...including my image! Here's the rest of my card "recipe"...

Cardstock: Bazzill pastels
Embossing folders: Cuttlebug
Punches & dies: Martha Stewart & Doohickey die from Magnolia
Sentiment: Stampin' Up "Whimsical Words"
Lace & pearls: my stash
Seam binding: Ribbon Girl
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts

So, now that you've made it through this lengthy post (sorry, this is how I tell a story too...on and on and on! LOL), you'll want to pop on over to the Sugar Bowl Challenge Blog and see what my ever-so talented fellow DT Sweeties have created for inspiration. Then, grab your craft supplies and start crafting so you can play in the Sugar Bowl too!!

Thanks bunches for stopping by...and have a beautiful day...Until next time, darlin' friends....