Thursday, July 21, 2011

Are we there yet?

Hehehe!! I remember when we were kids, my brothers and sister and I were forever asking our poor parents, "Are we there yet?" whenever we set out on a trip or vacation. Well, now that I'm grown up and married and all mature and everything, I no longer pester my parents...instead, I ask my husband repeatedly, "Is it time for vacation yet?" LOL!! I gotta tell ya...I've been thinking about our annual trip to the beach almost non-stop for the past several weeks...and our vacation is just not coming fast enough for me!! Sooooo...I decided that I'd make a card about being at the beach...and, as luck would have it, my little card fits perfectly into this week's challenge at Mo's! Our very own clever and creative DT sister, Elaine, is our hostess this week and she's chosen the theme:

Summer Vacation!

Perfect, huh?!!  Well, here's what I came up with...


Hehehe! I should look so good in a bikini! I do enjoy those little umbrella drinks, though!! This cutie patootie is called "Little Umbrella" and is available at Mo's online store HERE. And, believe it when I tell ya, she was soooooo much fun to color!!


I used DCWV cardstock (pastel pack)...and the DPs are from Kaiser Craft's "Seaside Collection." I "borrowed" the idea to make a "quilt-like" design from my friend, Dorcas. Unfortunately for me, I haven't quite figured out how to work my little sewing machine...(I'm mechanically challenged, what can I say?! LOL!) so I pieced it together and secured everything with Score-Tape.


I used "Sand" Ultrafine Flower Soft for, you guessed it, the sand! The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps...the raffia and buttons are from my stash...and I used Nestabilities Dies # 6 (Reverse Wonky Rectangles). Flowers are Prima. Coloring was done w/Copics.

So, there ya go...my interpretation of Elaine's "Summer Vacation" theme! Now...let's all hop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and take a peek at the gorgeous "Vacation" creations by my very talented DT sisters!

Please join us this week, won't you? It's easy...just pull out crafting supplies and choose one (or more if you like) of Mo Manning's images and get started on your very own Summer Vacation card or paper project. Remember to link your project to Mo's Challenge Blog and you may just have your name chosen by the Random.Org thingie to win a FREE Mo Manning Digital Image of YOUR choice!!!! Yikes! Have ya seen the new "potty" images? Adorable!!

Thanks so much, my sweet friends, for stopping by to visit! Have a beautiful week...sending lots of huggggggggs...until next time....