Thursday, October 6, 2011

Shake it up baby...

Welcome friends! It's the first Thursday of October and, yes, that means it's time for Challenge #69 at the "Sugar Bowl"...Sugar Nellie's fortnightly challenge blog!

Now...you're in for a real treat because our very own sweet and crazy-talented DT "Sugar Mama" Gayle has given us this fun sketch to follow...


...PLUS this fabulous photo to use as inspiration... 

Well, let me tell ya, since I just received a new package filled with super sweet Sugar Nellie stamps from the Tinkle Bells & Jingle Bells Collections, the only difficult decision was...which stamp to choose!! Very, very tough decision...because I love 'em all!! In the end, I chose" Little Apprentice"...available at Funky Kits.....


Seriously...isn't she just darling?! So...here's the deal...I had just seen a Gina Kay tutorial HERE on making a "Shaker Card"...and thought it would be fun to give it a go...and, while it's true that I had these little gold glass seed beads all over my hands and worktable (hehehe!), it really WAS such fun to make!


I used "traditional" Christmas colors...Stampin' Up cardstock (Garden Green & Cherry Cobbler...my all time fave red!)...and the DPs came from Authentique's "Wonder" collection. I also found some clear plastic at my local craft store...but you could certainly "recycle" plastic packaging. Just be sure to wash it with soapy water to remove the "static cling" before the beads get near the plastic! You want those b-b's a-shakin' not a-stickin'!!


Copics used to color this sweet little darlin'...
  • E21, 00, 000, 0000 (skin)
  • R20 (cheeks)
  • E53, 51, 50, 23, YR20 (hair)
  • G28, 24, 21, 20, 40 (greens)
  • R29, 27, 24, 22, 20 (reds)
  • C1, 0, 000 (white)
  • W1, 00 (shadow) 

I also used Nestabilities dies...and the Magnolia Doohickey "Pointsettia" die for that pretty flower. The rose and gold filagree corners came from Wild Orchid Crafts...and the ribbon, pearls, jingle bell, and sentiment are all from my stash! Here's a pic of the inside...


   Here's one last "artsy" view... 

Now it's time to pop on over to the Sugar Bowl to drool over the paper deliciousness created by my fellow DT Sweeties. Then...why not pull out your art supplies and get busy creating your own card or paper project for this fortnight's challenge? Who knows...you could be selected to win a fabulous prize from Sugar Nellie. Our prize for this fortnight's Sugar Bowl Challenge is....

  ...your choice of FOUR
Sugar Nellie stamps
(increasing to SIX if we have 100 or more entries!)...
  
OK...my lovelies...let the craftin' commence! Thank you so much for stopping by...and for your very kind comments that always make me smile!! Sending sweet hugs...until next time....