Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"Shades of Spring" at 7 Kids!

Hap-hap-happy Wednesday my darlins! Guess what? It's time for another fun challenge at 7 Kids Challenge Blog! And this fortnight's challenge theme is  . . .

Shades of Spring!

I'm thrilled that we're having Spring-like weather here in Richmond, VA, USA! (Actually, we just finished having a couple of  Summer-like days! Yikes...too early in the year for THAT kind of nonsense!! hehe!) The grass is greening up, the trees are leafing out, and tulips are starting to pop up all over the place!! So, this challenge is perfectly timed, I must say! And, YIKES! Have you visited 7 Kids College Fund lately?! There are so many fabulous new stamps including Elizabeth Bell, Sylvia Zet, and coming soon . . . Nellie Snellen Stamps! Wheetwhoo! I can't wait! My credit card is trembling! (So is my sweet hubby! Trembling, that is! LOL!) OK . . . on to my "Springy" DT project . . .


This little sweetheart is "Chloe" . . . and she's from the new Elizabeth Bell "Cottage Cuties" collection. Now, here's the deal . . . I visited my local craft store (Michael's) yesterday and they had a whole new batch of journals with matching pens . . . so, of course, several "jumped" into my shopping cart! hehe!! I decided to make another altered journal for this fortnight's 7 Kids challenge!! (You may remember, I made a pink one a few challenges ago!)


These are the EASIEST projects EVER!! I just added a few roses from Wild Orchid Crafts and a sentiment from my stash . . . oh, and of course my colored, stamped image . . . and VOILA! A fun little gift for that someone special! Here's another, "kinda" side view . . .




And there ya have it, kiddos . . . my "Shades of Spring" project for this fortnight's 7 Kids challenge! Now it's time for you to head on over to 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog and take a peek at all the gorgeous creations by my 7 Kids DT sistahs! Then, pull out your craft supplies and join us for this fortnight's "Shades of Spring" challenge (#44) at 7 Kids!! And you know why, right? 'Cuz it's always such fun!! PLUS, there is a fabulous prize to be won! That's right . . . one lucky winner (selected at Random) will win a $20.00 gift voucher to spend at 7 Kids College Fund Store! Cool, huh?!

Thanks much for visiting . . . and for your kind comments! Mwahhhhh!