Tuesday, December 18, 2012

We're lovin' snowmen over at Sassy Cheryl's!

Brrrrrrr . . . baby it's cold outside!! Well, of course it is! It's winter and we can't even hope for snow if the temps don't drop . . . to at least freezing, right?! And if we have no snow . . . then however will we make snowmen? Oh, oh, ohhhhh . . . guess what? It's Tuesday  again. . . and that means it's time for another fun and frosty challenge over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog!! This week's hostess, my very sweet friend and DT sistah . . . the one and only sassy Miz Cathy,  has chosen the theme . . .
"I Love Snowmen"
 
Hmmmmm . . . I wonder if Cathy's husband knows this!! hehehe!!! And, without further ado, here's my little card . . .
OK . . . all together now . . . "Awwwww . . . snowwwww cute!" Why, thank you snowww much!! hehe! (I just thought of something . . . I'll bet Google "translator" is going to have fun translating this post for non-English-speaking folks! teehee!) Ahhh . . .  So sorry . . . I digress . . .
 
This week's card features an adorable Sassy Cheryl rubber stamp named Lexi. (I gotta tell ya, I think Lexi's almost as cute as my very fave Sassy Sally!) This sweetheart is part of Cheryl Alger's Collection of stamps available at Kraftin' Kimmies. You can find the entire "Lexi's Winter Fun" set right HERE. How would you like to see an extreme close-up? No problemo . . .  
As you can see, Lexi is snuggling with her snowman "friend" . . . and, despite the fact that she's wearing mittens and boots and a scarf, Lexi is likely freeeeeeeeezing! (I grew up in Minnesota, so I know these things!) I should have colored her lips blue!! And, oh nooooo . . . I just noticed that I forgot to add Liquid Applique to the fur on Lexi's jacket. arrggh! Well . . . do me a favor and just pretend that it's there . . . and that it looks fabulous, dahhhhhling!
Did you know that everytime a grey hair pops out on your head, one of your brain cells dies?! I don't believe I've ever seen a randomized, controlled, double-blind research study on it, but I'm pretty sure it's true! And that, my friends, is undoubtedly the reason I forgot to add the "fur" to Lexi's jacket!! Grey Hair! LOL! Here's another side view . . .
My card "recipe" . . .
Blushing Bride & Chocolate Chip cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Winterland" by Fancy Pants Designs
Pink diamonds, pearls, and ribbon: My stash
Snowflake die: Martha Stewart
Frosted Lace Stickles
Polar White Flower Soft (snow)
Glossy Accents (on Lexi's boots and various snowman "parts")
Copic Sketch markers & color pencils

A peek at the inside . . .
And, naturally, I'll leave you with this clever "artsy" view . . . 
So, there ya have it! MY version of  "Snowman Love"!!! Now . . . please visit Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what Miz Cathy and the rest of my talented DT sistahs have created for this week's inspiration!! Then, we'd love for you to pull out some of your own craft supplies and at least one Sassy Cheryl image and join us for this week's challenge! Oh, and don't forget . . .
 
One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

Thanks so much for stopping by . . . and, as always, for your kind comments! I'm off to find some socks and a sweater! All of a sudden, I'm feeling really cold! Brrrrrr! Until next time . . .