Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hey LOTV . . . Happy B-day!!

Hello, m'darlins!! So . . . this is kinda cool . . . Lili of the Valley is celebrating their NINTH birthday! And they're having a bit of a celebration . . . with a fun competition . . . which I have decided to enter!
There are fabulous prizes . . . plus a chance to be selected as a Guest Designer! (A dream of mine since I got into cardmaking and blogging and discovered LOTV stamps!!) So, LOTV, this one's for you!! Happy 9th Birthday!!
I've used this cutie patootie called "Rosie with Cake" . . . available HERE at LOTV's online shop. Oh, and that fun "recipe sentiment" stamp is available at LOTV too - right HERE. Here's a close-up of little Rosie . . . 
. .
I've been experimenting with watercolor papers . . . this paper is Arches Hot Press watercolor paper 140#. I kind of like it . . . although I have a tendency to "overwork" a bit, so I'll have to work on that! Here's a side-ish view . . .
 My Card Recipe . . . 
Very Vanilla, Blush Blossom, & Chocolate Chip cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "London Market" by Pink Paislee
Edges lightly inked with Very Vintage DIs
Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads, refills, & markers
Seam binding: The Ribbon Girl
Roses, lace, & green pearl brad: Wild Orchid Crafts
Corner dies: SCACD Classic Corner & Whimsy
Heart dies: Cheery Lynn Designs
Heart border die: Memory Box
Front sentiment "recipe": LOTV
Pearls: My stash
Inside sentiment: Stampin' Up
Birthday cake charm:: The Charm Store
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts

A peek at the inside . . .
I even added DPs to the back! What's up with that?! LOL!! . . .
And last, but not least . . .

Challenges . . . 
Wish me luck!!

And that's it for me today . . . am off to do more coloring with my DIs! Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you tomorrow with a new Mo Manning project! Hugs . . .