Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Welcome to Lillie Ann!!

Hehehe!! So . . . here's the deal . . . this card is for my sister, Dee (so if you're reading this, Dee, STOP!!) I know she'll read it anyway, even if I tell her NOT to look at my blog! hahaha! She's such a . . . what's the word . . . PEEKER!! LOL! OK . . . so, this is a card that I made purely for fun and especially for my little sister. Why? Because she's getting a new puppy! And I thought this would be a cute image to color for her card . . .
Her new puppy is named "Lillie Ann" and is a little (and by little, I mean THREE POUNDS little!) Maltese puppy! I've seen photos and she's as darling as can be! So I thought this sweet Tilda holding a white puppy would be perfect! Here's a close-up . . .
I've been working on learning to paint with Distress Inks . . . and, while I know the Copic colors I prefer for hair, skin, etc., I'm on a bit of a learning curve with the new medium. PLUS . . . the colors seem to vary slightly depending on whether I'm using Distress Ink pads, re-inkers, or markers. Weird, huh? Here's a bit of a side-angle . . .
 My Card Recipe:
Image inked with Archival "Coffee" onto 140# cold-press Arches Watercolor paper
Pretty in Pink Cardstock: Stampin' Up
Digital DPs: Puppy Love Too
Dies: Magnolia
Charm, pearls, corners, & pink trim: My stash
White seam binding: The Ribbon Girl
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts


Tim Holtz Distress Inks:
Tea Dye & Tattered Rose (skin)
Victorian Velvet, Lipstick, & Tattered Rose (cheeks)
Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo, & Walnut (hair, shoes, basket)
Victorian Velvet & Aged Mahogany (pinks)
Weathered Wood (blues and shadow)
Pumice stone (puppy)

A peek at the inside, which I kept very simple with space for a quick note . . .
And the ever-popular "artsy" view . . .
I've decided to enter this card into the following challenges:

And that's it for now . . . but I'll be back soon!! Thanks so much for visiting . . . and for leaving me such sweet comments! Until next time . . . hugggggggggssssssssssss!