Monday, May 6, 2013

Memories . . .

Happy Monday, my sweet friends! I hope you had a great weekend,  and that your week is off to a fabulous start!! I have a new Sugar Nellie DT card to share with you . . .
This card is a Sympathy card for a friend of ours who lost his elderly mother last week. I don't know about you, but I always struggle with two things . . . Sympathy Cards . . . AND cards for guys. And, while this one is both (sympathy and guy card), I really rather like how it turned out. This darling image is from Kathy Hare's collection of Sugar Nellie stamps. The stamp is called "Worried" and is available HERE at Funky Kits. I really think this image is perfect for a sympathy card, don't you? Here's a bit of a side view . . .
My card "recipe" . . .
Image inked onto Cryogen Metallic White cardstock
Kraft paper
DPs: "Hopscotch" by K & Co.
Flowers, brads, raffia ribbon, & twine: My stash
Flower die: Magnolia
"Clock" die & filmstrip: Tim Holtz
Front sentiment: Stampin' Up
Inside sentiment: Kathy Davis
Colored with Copics & Colored pencils

Here's a look at the inside . . .
The sentiment says: "May you find comfort in your loving memories." Here's one more view . . .
I've decided to enter this sweet card into the following challenges:


And . . .  that's it for me!! I'll be back tomorrow with another somethin' somethin'!! Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit. See you soon! Hugssssss!