Monday, June 3, 2013

Another "Sympathy" Card . . .

Hello there my darlins! I hope you had a great weekend . . . can you believe it's June already?! I guess I'd better dig out some Christmas papers and images! But maybe I'll wait until August because that's when Sugar Nellie is releasing a whole new crop of Winter/Christmas "Fairies" . . . and you know how much fun those are!! OK . . . enough with the teasers! I have a new Sugar Nellie DT card to share with you . . .
This card is a Sympathy card for an artist friend of mine whose brother recently passed away. I have to say that, while making "sympathy" cards is never fun, this one just sort of came together. This sweet image is "Melissa." She's from Sugar Nellie's "Simply Adorable" digital images and is available HERE at Funky Kits. I thought this image would be perfect for a sympathy card. Here's a close-up of this sweet little girl . . .
And a bit of a side view . . .
My card "recipe" . . .
Image printed onto Cryogen Metallic White cardstock
VeryVanilla & Real Red Cardstock: Stampin' Up
Digi DPs: "Grandma's Pantry Too"" by Nitwits Designs
Lace edge punch: Stampin' Up
Corner die: Whimsy
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Lace & pearls: My stash
Ribbon: Magnolia-licious
Sentiments: Stampin' Up
Colored with Copics & Colored pencils

Here's a peek at the inside . . .
A close-up of the sentiment . . .
And one more view . . .
Soooooo . . . that's what I've been up to!! I'll be back tomorrow with another little creation!! Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit. See you soon! Hugssssss!