Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fa la la la laaaaa . . . for the "boys"!

Welcome, sweet friends! And welcome back to ME! That's right . . . I just got back from a 10-day vacay in the Carribbean! And let me tell ya, now that my summer "getaway" is behind me, I'm ready to gear up for some winter holiday fun!! Ho ho ho!!

Oh . . . and, since it's Thursday, it's time for another super fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! This week our hostess is my sweet friend and very talented DT sister, Anja! And she's chosen the theme . . .
"For the Boys!"
w/a Mo Manning image, of course!

Aaacck! A boy card? Sniff sniff . . . it seems like ages since I'mde made a frilly card! I'm going through frou-frou withdrawal! LOL! Soon, though . . . soon! But today's card is CAS . . . and it has a boy on it! That counts, I think! And . . . I made a card that is NOT SQUARE!!!  My first 5" x 7" card . . . ever!! Here . . . take a look . . .
A Christmas card! I had to chuckle . . . last week at this time I was at the beach . . . and yesterday (when I was making this card) I was listening to Christmas music! haha!! For this week's card, I merged two Mo Manning images . . . Charlie Caroling (available HERE) and Christmas Lamp Post (available HERE). Here's a close-up (albeit a bit blurry) . . .
And a side view . . .
My Card Recipe:
Image printed on Cryogen metallic white cardstock
Very Vanilla cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Citywalks" by Pink Paislee
Edges inked w/Tim Holtz Walnut Stain
Romantic Rectangles die: Spellbinders
Corner die: Whimsy
Raffia & gold beads: My stash
Front sentiment: Computer-generated
Inside sentiment: Sparkle & Sprinke
Copic & Shin Han markers; Colored pencils

A peek at the inside . . . 
And, of course, the "artsy" angle...
Okey dokey . . . now it's time for you to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog to check out the fabulous  creations by my clever and talented DT sisters! Then, please join us for this week's challenge. It's simple, really, just pull out your craft supplies and at least one Mo Manning image . . . and let the crafting begin!

Oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants!

Thanks so much for visiting! Until next time . . . .